Firefighter | Medic | Rescue Specialist
The Total Group of Companies is actively recruiting experienced Safety Watch Personnel for turnaround season 2020. We are an equal opportunity company, compensate for competitive wages and believe in providing an exceptional workplace for all personnel.
Training will take place prior to the start dates of the turnarounds which will be discussed in your interview if contacted. We anticipate orientations to take place from June 15th to August 15th and turnarounds to start August 31st. If you are interested in being considered for this role and match the criteria outlined below then please submit your resume.
Reporting to the site Project Manager, all technicians are primarily accountable for planning and providing industrial technical rescue standby, fire prevention and or medical response to clients of The Total Group of Companies.
Job Scope may encompass any/all of the following functions:
- Rescue Support
- Medical Support
- High Angle Rescue
- Working at Heights/Fall Protection
- Confined Space Rescue
- Confined Space Attendant & Air Monitoring
- First Aid/Medical Response, hose deployment
- Fire Pump Set Up, Operation and Hose Deployment
- Hazmat response and decontamination
To be considered for this role, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in Canada and possess a valid SIN
- Hold a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle
- Be able to produce a clean or satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Have the ability to pass re-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing
- NFPA 1006 or equivalent
- NFPA 1001
- ACP Registered EMR or EMT
- All oilfield tickets such as first aid and H2S Alive.
Salary: Wage will be determined in accordance with skills and experience.
Hours: Shift work, minimum 12 hr. days, the 2-month turnaround to start.
Location: Various locations around Western Canada/Medicine Hat
Please submit resume and certifications.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.